Shared Vison for Literacy
To deliver an exciting, innovative Literacy curriculum which enables and empowers children’s written and oral communication and creativity.
- ActiveLearn Bug Club – Website for reading books online. All children have their own login which can be found in reading diaries.
- Phonics Play – Online phonics games.
- Oxford Owl – Free library of ebooks and games to help improve reading.
- Love Reading 4 Kids – Book recommendations, reviews, competitions and more!
- BBC Bitesize Phonics – Short animations and games.
- Book Trust – Games, activities and recommendations for children of all ages.
Peacock Class – The Highway Man by Alfred Noyes
As part of their ‘Crime and Punishment’ topic, Peacock Class have begun studying the poem ‘The Highway Man’ by Alfred Noyes. In order to deepen our understanding of the poem and prepare for our writing, we carried out a CSI style investigation in to the deaths of Bess and the Highway Man. We then held our own court case acting in role. All children took on a role as either a character from the text or a member of the court. The jury then had to reach a verdict on who was guilty for the death of Bess.