What is our intent for the curriculum at Street Lane Primary?
We intend our curriculum to mirror our 5 school values and to ensure our children are happy, safe, healthy and that they succeed. We strive to integrate our curriculum intent into all areas of learning. Teachers take every opportunity to make learning fun, engaging and encourage the children to direct their own learning. Our curriculum provides our children with regular opportunities to learn about healthy choices, personal safety, respect and awareness of others and how they can grow to be a successful member of society.
The teachers and my friends help me and look after me. It makes me feel happy. Jessica, Year 1
We are asked our own opinions and nobody judges you if you are wrong. Aiden, Year 5
Our curriculum runs on a two year rolling cycle. Each term has a whole school theme and learning in each year group is linked to this theme. To view our long term planning, please click on the relevant key stage below.
How do we implement our curriculum?
- Whole school thematic approach
- A broad and balanced creative curriculum
- Theme weeks/ days
- High Quality texts linked to themes
- Family fun days
- Events in the wider community celebrated
- Play opportunities for all children
My favourite subject in school is science because I learn about things I never knew before. Jasmine, Year 4
I enjoy maths because we learn lots of new mathematical words. Aiden, year 5
I like writing number in maths. Tough Ten is the best! Sebastian, Year 1
- We follow the Derbyshire agreed syllabus for Religious Education. Click here to view the RE syllabus 2020-25.
- E-safety is at the heart of our computing curriculum. We use the UKCIS Education for a Connected World framework to inform objectives and content of the curriculum.
- To view the content on the National Curriculum click here
- If you would like to see how we compare nationally and to other small schools our performance tables can be accessed at: https://www.compare-school-performance.service.gov.uk/school/112613
- Click here to view our curriculum intent for each subject area.