Daily physical activity is an essential part of the school curriculum for all of our children. In the Foundation Stage children have access to learning indoors and outside as part of the daily curriculum and these opportunities are carefully planned in their own play areas, in the garden area and on the main playground.
In Key Stage 1 the equipment provided encourages children to be physically active during playtimes and lunchtimes, planned afternoon activity sessions make up an additional hour of physical activity throughout the week, and a one hour P.E. lesson ensures games, gymnastics and dance are taught during the year. Children also receive a 1 hour yoga session weekly.
Lily (Y6) said: “PE is one of my most favourite lessons. Mr Sampson is great at helping me learn new skills and rules.”
Scott (Y4) said: “We are always at the park or outside learning. We do have PE too.”
Oliver (Y2) said: “We are learning yoga. I can do a cat and a dog really good now!”
P.E.and School Sports Funding
Our mission is to inspire all pupils to live a healthy and physically active lifestyle.
The school currently provides a minimum of 2 hours of PE every week where skills are taught through PE lessons. We also offer (and continue to offer) a wide variety of sports provision after school, through our own staff and outside providers.
In our school we are using this funding to:
- Use the expertise of specialist PE practitioners to work alongside our teachers to increase our subject knowledge and confidence
- Continue to work with Progressive Sports to help us improve PE and sport provision in our school
- Buy specialist PE and sport equipment to support and promote regular intra-school competitions and playground challenges at lunch time
- To provide a rich variety of sporting opportunities to all of our children
- To train our Y5/6 children as mini leaders/ sports leaders to increase physical activity and enjoyment
In this way, our children will gain new skills and experiences and teachers will develop new techniques and knowledge to aid them in teaching sport and PE.
Please see the Sports Premium Action Plans, sports premium funding and provision maps below: